Friends of the Earth Scotland relies on donations to deliver our vital work for our environment. Every donation, no matter how small, makes a big difference to our ability to lead the movement towards a Fossil Free Scotland. We therefore take great care in ensuring our fundraising efforts meet the best standards.
Friends of the Earth Scotland is regulated by the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) and follows the Code of Fundraising Practice. In Scotland, fundraising standards and complaints are overseen by the Scottish Fundraising Standards Panel.
The following information will inform you about how we work and what to expect when making a donation to Friends of the Earth Scotland. We are:
Committed to high standards
- We adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice and ensure volunteers and third parties working with us do the same.
- We have high ethical standards and do not accept funding from bodies that do not align with Friends of the Earth Scotland’s mission, vision and values.
Clear, honest and open
- We are clear about who we are and what we do and we will use your gift as we said we would.
- We provide a clear explanation of how you can make a gift. You can call us anytime on 0131 243 2700 to amend your regular gift.
- We are transparent about our fundraising costs and activities. See our Annual Reviews and Accounts or contact us for more information.
- We will always respect your rights and privacy and will not contact you in ways you do not wish to be contacted. You can get in touch anytime to update your contact preferences.
- We will never put undue pressure on you to make a gift and will immediately cancel your regular gift if you ask us to do so.
Fair and reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that intentionally cause distress or anxiety.
- We take care not to cause nuisance or disruption to the public.
Accountable and responsible
- We manage our resources responsibly and consider the impact of our fundraising on our donors, supporters and the wider public.
- If you are unhappy with anything we’ve done whilst fundraising, please contact us. We will deal with any complaint rapidly and will try and resolve it. If you are unsatisfied with the resolution, then you can appeal to our charity trustees by writing to our office, noting ‘For the Attention of the Chair’. If you remain unsatisfied, you can refer to the Scottish Fundraising Standards Panel to make a final adjudication. You can find out more about the complaints process here.