Business 2020 Climate Group to wind up
Reacting to news that the 2020 Climate Group is going to wind up, Director of Friends of the Earth Scotland Dr Richard Dixon said:
“The 2020 Climate Group was a good idea when it was first set up in 2009 but has lost its way. Scotland certainly needs progressive businesses to be urging the government to do more on climate change but the 2020 Climate Group has turned into a closed talking shop.
“It is regrettable that a range of big businesses have managed to help spend hundreds of thousands of tax-payers’ money while achieving so little. With debate over new climate targets and policies hotting up it is definitely time to get the 2020 Climate Group out of the way so progressive businesses can emerge from its ashes and create a proper business voice for climate action.”
Notes to Editors
- The 2020 Climate Group announced today that they were to wind up at the end of March when current Scottish Government funding ends: www.2020climategroup.org.uk/2020-winds-down
- Friends of the Earth Scotland is:
* Scotland’s leading environmental campaigning organisation
* An independent Scottish charity with a network of thousands of supporters and active local groups across Scotland
* Part of the largest grassroots environmental network in the world, uniting over 2 million supporters, 75 national member groups, and some 5,000 local activist groups.