Response to the consultation on a Deposit Return Scheme for Scotland
- the Deposit Return Scheme should apply to all drinks, including both ‘on the go’ and more general products, and should apply to all container materials
- the deposit level should be at least 15p and preferably 20p
- the rate of the producer fee should be varied to incentivise manufacturers to use the most appropriate materials
- the public should be able to take containers back to shops that sell drinks and to other locations
- the Deposit Return Scheme should be part of a package of policies designed to reduce the use of single-use containers and increase the use of refillable containers.