This briefing was sent to MSPs ahead of a debate on the Scottish Parliament’s Environment, Climate Change, and Land Reform Committee’s report into the Green Recovery.
The report sets out FoES’ response to the report, as well as setting out how a green recovery requires the Scottish Government to:
- Provide large scale, up front investment to kickstart the green recovery.
- Deliver a programme of public green job creation in areas needed for the transition, like energy efficiency, sustainable transport and renewable heating.
- Ensure that all Government spending, policy and strategies are aligned with a just and green recovery.
- Take a new economic approach prioritising wellbeing, climate and environment.
- Prepare an economy wide Just Transition Action Plan and invest in skills training