National Planning Framework Call for Ideas Response
Friends of the Earth Scotland response to the National Planning Framework 4 (NPF4) call for ideas.
This response sets out why NPF4 must:
- Set tackling the climate emergency, reducing air pollution and creating a circular economy as key objectives
- Prioritise infrastructure which enables a low-carbon future and exclude infrastructure which locks in high-carbon ways of doing things
- Include a ban on any new fossil fuel developments
- Enshrine the Scottish Government’s position of no support for onshore unconventional oil and gas (fracking)
- Include a moratorium on building new incinerators in Scotland